As I think about the future look of bearron.com I’ve been looking to the futuristic past for inspiration. Blade Runner, the soundtrack and the movie, have been providing me with tons of great references and inspiration.
For those of you who know the Blade Runner noodle shop scene where these amazing LED umbrellas are debuted, you will probably also want one for yourself. These would be great for the Playa or the city.
They are for sale on the ThinkGeek site for $24.95.
From their site: In the pre-apocalyptic future, the air will be so thick, it will be dark in the middle of the day. Coupled with the almost constant rain, you’ll need to find a way to stay dry and light your way to the noodle shop down the street.
Even if you don’t live in a quasi-futuristic Los Angeles and you aren’t a Blade Runner, you can still have the coolest umbrella on the street. With a push of a button, the shaft lights up, illuminating you and your path. Now, even in the darkest of nights, you’re a lot more visible to the cars on the street, making your long walk home through the rain a lot safer.
- Futuristic black umbrella with LED light-up shaft
- Stay dry on your walk to the noodle shop
- Push the button to light up the shaft with LEDs
- Look both ways and watch out for replicants
- Choice of white LED shaft or blue LED shaft
- Batteries Included (Uses 3 x LR44 Button Batteries)
- Dimensions: 32.5″ long; 41″ opened diameter
Video of the LED Umbrella and the umbrella scene from Blade Runner, in Spanish no less:
I couldn’t forget Rhiana, now could I? Umbrella-ella-ella-ay-ay…